Abstract submission: Deadline – 28 February 2017
We invite abstracts for brief oral presentations and posters for the interactive sessions on day 2 of the conference. These sessions will address eight specific themes:
(1) Biodiversity or green space? Evidence for contributions to health in a changing climate
(2) Health and protected areas in a changing climate
(3) Psychological effects of nature and biodiversity on human health and well-being
(4) The benefits of green space for enhancing human health – lessons learned from urban interventions
(5) Linking Initiatives in biodiversity, health and climate change action in policy and practice
(6) Allergenic plants and vector borne diseases – relevance to human health in a changing climate
(7) Nature-based solutions for climate change adaptation and their role in fostering health and
(8) Planning and managing urban green spaces for health and biodiversity in a changing climate –
Concepts, experiences, practice
Contributions are welcome from practitioners, policy advisers and scientists, and ideally collaborations of these groups that demonstrate successes in partnerships working towards nature-based solutions for health measures in a changing climate - in urban areas as well as their rural surroundings. We invite cross sector and cross border collaborations demonstrating integrative approaches. We hope to get a broad representation of related issues and solutions from across Europe.
Submissions should follow the suggested issues under each heading (for specification of session themes and leading questions see here), if possible, while other submissions are welcome, too.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English
- All abstracts must be in MS Word, with a limit of 250 words
- All abstracts should include:
* abstract title (brief and concise)
* author(s) + affiliation(s)
* abstract text (max 200-250 words)
* preference (Talk/ Poster) and session preference (1–8)
- Abstracts are to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, one abstract per e-mail, using the subject line: Abstract Submission 2017.
- In the cover e-mail the full abstract title, author names and affiliations, and contact information for the presenting author should be included
- Poster size should not exceed AO Format. The posters will be displayed during the whole meeting and a special poster session will give opportunity for discussions.
The deadline for abstract submission is 28 February 2017. Please feel free to contact Aletta Bonn, if you have any queries.